A Holistic and Integrative Medical Practice - Your Alternative to Traditional Medicine
We treat the cause. . . not the symptom
A Doctor's Journey
I started to realize something was wrong when I saw a patient who was on 10 medications. The first five dealt with ailments while the second five were for the side effects of the first five. Despite the medications, the patient didn't feel any better. This was the beginning of my inquiry into another way to practice medicine.
Sometimes our practice gets lumped into the alternative medicine category. And while we are open to additional ways to treat illness, our protocols are based on science and deduction.
The Hormone Center is much more than a “hormone treatment center” or just a “hormone physician”. We practice integrative medicine, which is sometimes confused with functional medicine.
We believe that medications are not always the answer and can often mask the true underlying conditions and imbalances. Even my kids chuckle when they see drug commercials that spend 15 seconds on the benefits and 45 seconds on the side effects.
And unfortunately 'healthcare’ in the U.S. is mistitled. It should be called ‘sick-care’ because most people only engage the medical system when they’re sick, not when they’re healthy.
Our "hormone specialists" believe the following:
- Pharmaceutical and insurance companies have too much influence on how doctors practice medicine.
- Doctors don’t spend enough time with patients because they are under tremendous pressure to achieve certain numerical outcomes in terms of cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, etc. This reality leaves little time to consider or address the potential sources of the patient’s disorder.
- Due to western medical school training, most physicians learn to treat illnesses after they occur; or to detect them early, not to truly prevent them.
- The foods we are eating are making us sick.
We believe that most people don’t want to be on medications or live a sub-standard life but they often don't know what else to do.
At our core, we believe that from an evolutionary standpoint, the body is built to heal itself. Our job is to clear the obstacles and support the body, before resorting to more invasive measures. If this belief makes us “alternative medicine doctors”, then so be it.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Lauren D. Loya, M.D.
Founder and Medical Director of The Hormone Center
A Look Into Our Practice
At The Hormone Center, we put an underlying focus on the cause, not the symptom. We are an integrative medicine practice and out our clients first. Some of our most sought-after services include:
- Pittsburgh Cryotherapy Treatments - Where we use cold temperatures to promote natural healing and wellness. Join our Frost Club today!
- Natural Thyroid Treatment - Our team properly diagnoses and treats thyroid problems at their core using natural remedies to address imbalances.
- Sleep Disorder Testing and Treatment - We flawlessly treat disorders like sleep apnea, insomnia, and narcolepsy.
- Pittsburgh Telemedicine Center - Speak with your doctor over the computer! Think of it as the Skype® for medical consultations.
Lauren D. Loya M.D.
Founder and Medical Director
The Hormone Center
2100 Wharton Street, #315
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
20399 Route 19, #120
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066